Friday, August 7, 2009

Life is Great!

Dear Family, How goes beautiful 1st world country? All is going great here. I am hoping you have not forgotten me... (no mail?) Well, let's see... you have already heard about the Mission division. That's crazy huh? I mean. I am serving in "two" missions as a young man!
News from here: My toe is killing me! I think I might be going to the hospital and amputate it:( I hate pain.) Other than that, life is great!
There are NO tourist here. They do not know Acre even exists. There are some hotels, but they are by the hour if you know what I mean.
I want to bring a monkey home with me next year. They're cute little guys.
I am living in an apartment right now. It's about the size of Annie's Room... That is including study area kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, laundry room etc.... It's tiny! Ha Ha. You guys are really blessed. We are really blessed. The ppl. we teach here live in houses worse then our old wooden barn but smaller. They don't have plumbing so everything (poop, pee, shower water, sink water, garbage, etc.. ) just goes in the streets so it's all really swampy and gross as you can imagine. It is a crazy life.. Just imagine living in that wooden barn... cooking, sleeping, eating and NO you do not get a bed, just a blanket on the floor and YES the bugs stay there too. That is how it is. For water to wash the dishes and stuff they just have a bucket full next to the sink cause NO plumbing to pump water to the house. The other day I was teaching and most of the time we sit on the floor cause ppl don't have chairs, but while I was teaching a cockroach came and visited me. I hate those litle guys. They are annoying! Well that's all folks! Love you lots!
(note from mom: PLEASE WRITE HIM)

No comments: