Friday, September 5, 2008

another letter

Dear Family August 27th
Everything is going great, so far. This city is HUGE! Over 10 million, I think. When we were flying over it, I couldn't see the end.
I love it here so far. My companion's name is Elder Hayes. He is from Washington. 2 of my roommates are going to Cuiba, so it is exciting. I get 2 more roommates from Brazil tomorrow (the 28th of August)
The MTC is a lot smaller than i thought.
My first meal in Brazil was...guess? Rice and Beans!
My second? Nope! Eggplant and Rice, but they were pretty good. I haven't tried the drinks yet.
We got to tour the city outside the MTC. It is so different. There was a man sleeping in the middle of the sidewalk so that was weird.
I have to have 2 immunization shots while I am here. YUCK! They will cost $150 so I might need more money.
I don't think there are traffic laws here, only traffic guidelines.
I can't take my camera outside the MTC and I can't call or see Miguel.
Please, please tell everyone to write. Use my full name and address. I would hate to never get letters.
Oh, I got your letters when I arrived, Mom. That was really nice to have mail waiting for me.
All is well! and I love you all.
Love Elder Stanger

1 comment:

R&R said...

Sounds like he is doing good! It's weird how far behind we are. He talks about things but really it's a whole week later. He is going to be a good missionary!!!!!